NETHERLANDS: Nutreco acquisition of Hydro Seafood subject to UK approval
Competition authorities in the UK are today (26 September) mulling Nutreco Holding's March acquisition of Hydro Seafood, a salmon farming business, from Norsk Hydro. The finished report is expected in November, when Stephen Byers, UK secretary for trade and industry, will announce whether he will approve the acquisition.Worth NLG1bn, the deal will provide the Dutch animal and fish feed company with up to 75% of the Scottish salmon farming market once connected business interests, such as the supply of fish feed, are considered. If the commission does not rule in favour of the deal, however, Nutreco may have to divest some of its interests in Scotland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units