NETHERLANDS: Nutreco acquisition of Hydro Seafood subject to UK approval
Competition authorities in the UK are today (26 September) mulling Nutreco Holding's March acquisition of Hydro Seafood, a salmon farming business, from Norsk Hydro. The finished report is expected in November, when Stephen Byers, UK secretary for trade and industry, will announce whether he will approve the acquisition.Worth NLG1bn, the deal will provide the Dutch animal and fish feed company with up to 75% of the Scottish salmon farming market once connected business interests, such as the supply of fish feed, are considered. If the commission does not rule in favour of the deal, however, Nutreco may have to divest some of its interests in Scotland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016