SPAIN: Nutrexpa to acquire Panrico's cookie business
Spanish food group Nutrexpa is to buy the biscuit business of local rival Panrico.
The deal, which has followed a five-month negotiation process involving around ten companies, includes all assets of Panrico's Artiach cookies business. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is subject to approval by the country's Competition Commission.
The deal forms part of Panrico's strategy to focus on its core categories of pastries and bread, including the Donuts, Donettes, QE, and La Bella Easo Bollycao brands. The agreement will see Panrico continue to distribute Artiach products.
Nutrexpa made a joint bid for Panrico-owned Galletas Artiach with Lotus Bakeries, with Nutrexpa securing the shares and Lotus the intellectual property rights of the children's brand outside Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Algeria and Mexico.
Nutrexpa brands include Nutella, La Piara and Cuétara.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- Kerry Group launches Meateors meat snacks
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland