SPAIN: Nutrexpa to acquire Panrico's cookie business
Spanish food group Nutrexpa is to buy the biscuit business of local rival Panrico.
The deal, which has followed a five-month negotiation process involving around ten companies, includes all assets of Panrico's Artiach cookies business. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is subject to approval by the country's Competition Commission.
The deal forms part of Panrico's strategy to focus on its core categories of pastries and bread, including the Donuts, Donettes, QE, and La Bella Easo Bollycao brands. The agreement will see Panrico continue to distribute Artiach products.
Nutrexpa made a joint bid for Panrico-owned Galletas Artiach with Lotus Bakeries, with Nutrexpa securing the shares and Lotus the intellectual property rights of the children's brand outside Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Algeria and Mexico.
Nutrexpa brands include Nutella, La Piara and Cuétara.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban