SPAIN: Nutrexpa to acquire Panrico's cookie business
Spanish food group Nutrexpa is to buy the biscuit business of local rival Panrico.
The deal, which has followed a five-month negotiation process involving around ten companies, includes all assets of Panrico's Artiach cookies business. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is subject to approval by the country's Competition Commission.
The deal forms part of Panrico's strategy to focus on its core categories of pastries and bread, including the Donuts, Donettes, QE, and La Bella Easo Bollycao brands. The agreement will see Panrico continue to distribute Artiach products.
Nutrexpa made a joint bid for Panrico-owned Galletas Artiach with Lotus Bakeries, with Nutrexpa securing the shares and Lotus the intellectual property rights of the children's brand outside Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Algeria and Mexico.
Nutrexpa brands include Nutella, La Piara and Cuétara.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm