SPAIN: Nutrexpa to acquire Panrico's cookie business
Spanish food group Nutrexpa is to buy the biscuit business of local rival Panrico.
The deal, which has followed a five-month negotiation process involving around ten companies, includes all assets of Panrico's Artiach cookies business. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is subject to approval by the country's Competition Commission.
The deal forms part of Panrico's strategy to focus on its core categories of pastries and bread, including the Donuts, Donettes, QE, and La Bella Easo Bollycao brands. The agreement will see Panrico continue to distribute Artiach products.
Nutrexpa made a joint bid for Panrico-owned Galletas Artiach with Lotus Bakeries, with Nutrexpa securing the shares and Lotus the intellectual property rights of the children's brand outside Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Algeria and Mexico.
Nutrexpa brands include Nutella, La Piara and Cuétara.
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Mondelez on China, Hershey and Q2 results
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Food companies can lead on workplace nutrition
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Mondelez less certain on 2016 revenue growth