SPAIN: Nutrexpa to lay off 59 employees at Montmelo plant
Spanish food company Nutrexpa has said that it will lay off 59 of the 161 employees at the company's Montmelo plant in the Catalan region. The company purchased the Montmelo plant, together with the food brands Nocilla and Mesura that are produced there, in April 2002 from Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods giant Unilever. The Nocilla and Mesura brands together recorded turnover of €28.1m (US$27.7m) in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada