HUNGARY: Nutricia continues expansion with Hungarian acquisitions
A dairy processing interest of Dutch infant formula and food group Nutricia International BV, Hajdutei Rt has now acquired Matratej Kft and Gyongytei Kft. Both processors are situated in the north of Hungary and produce HUF5bn in consolidated revenues. Based in eastern Hungary, Hajdutei increased its share of the domestic milk market to around 23% last year, processing 228m litres. Its equity had reached above HUF1bn prior to the latest buyouts, and forecasters predict that the market share will increase further to 25% if the Economic Competition Office approves the acquisitions.Nutricia has focused on multinational expansion for several years. CEO Pal Istvan Kiss would not reveal the price paid for the two processors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review