HUNGARY: Nutricia continues expansion with Hungarian acquisitions
A dairy processing interest of Dutch infant formula and food group Nutricia International BV, Hajdutei Rt has now acquired Matratej Kft and Gyongytei Kft. Both processors are situated in the north of Hungary and produce HUF5bn in consolidated revenues. Based in eastern Hungary, Hajdutei increased its share of the domestic milk market to around 23% last year, processing 228m litres. Its equity had reached above HUF1bn prior to the latest buyouts, and forecasters predict that the market share will increase further to 25% if the Economic Competition Office approves the acquisitions.Nutricia has focused on multinational expansion for several years. CEO Pal Istvan Kiss would not reveal the price paid for the two processors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units