HUNGARY: Nutricia continues expansion with Hungarian acquisitions
A dairy processing interest of Dutch infant formula and food group Nutricia International BV, Hajdutei Rt has now acquired Matratej Kft and Gyongytei Kft. Both processors are situated in the north of Hungary and produce HUF5bn in consolidated revenues. Based in eastern Hungary, Hajdutei increased its share of the domestic milk market to around 23% last year, processing 228m litres. Its equity had reached above HUF1bn prior to the latest buyouts, and forecasters predict that the market share will increase further to 25% if the Economic Competition Office approves the acquisitions.Nutricia has focused on multinational expansion for several years. CEO Pal Istvan Kiss would not reveal the price paid for the two processors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report