USA: Nutri/System, Inc. changes its company name to encompass additional product line
Nutri/System, Inc. (Nasdaq:THIN) announced that it has changed its company name from nutrisystem.com inc. to Nutri/System, Inc. effective immediately. Nutri/System, which operates the leading web site for the weight loss community, recently acquired the Sweet Success® line of diet meal replacement products from Nestle USA. "With the acquisition of Sweet Success®, we now serve the weight conscious consumer both on the Internet and in stores. The Nutri/System name has long been associated with weight loss, and we believe it will enable us to effectively connect with our entire target market, in stores and on the web," said Brian Haveson, Chief Executive Officer of Nutri/System, Inc. Nutri/System completed the acquisition of the Sweet Success® product line on August 25, 2000. The product line, which is sold only through retail outlets and includes a ready to drink weight loss shake, powdered mix and snack bars, generated about $40 million in sales in 1999. Nutri/System will continue to promote Sweet Success as an effective meal replacement for weight loss.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth