USA: Nutri/System, Inc. changes its company name to encompass additional product line
Nutri/System, Inc. (Nasdaq:THIN) announced that it has changed its company name from nutrisystem.com inc. to Nutri/System, Inc. effective immediately. Nutri/System, which operates the leading web site for the weight loss community, recently acquired the Sweet Success® line of diet meal replacement products from Nestle USA. "With the acquisition of Sweet Success®, we now serve the weight conscious consumer both on the Internet and in stores. The Nutri/System name has long been associated with weight loss, and we believe it will enable us to effectively connect with our entire target market, in stores and on the web," said Brian Haveson, Chief Executive Officer of Nutri/System, Inc. Nutri/System completed the acquisition of the Sweet Success® product line on August 25, 2000. The product line, which is sold only through retail outlets and includes a ready to drink weight loss shake, powdered mix and snack bars, generated about $40 million in sales in 1999. Nutri/System will continue to promote Sweet Success as an effective meal replacement for weight loss.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020