USA: Nutri/System, Inc. changes its company name to encompass additional product line
Nutri/System, Inc. (Nasdaq:THIN) announced that it has changed its company name from nutrisystem.com inc. to Nutri/System, Inc. effective immediately. Nutri/System, which operates the leading web site for the weight loss community, recently acquired the Sweet Success® line of diet meal replacement products from Nestle USA. "With the acquisition of Sweet Success®, we now serve the weight conscious consumer both on the Internet and in stores. The Nutri/System name has long been associated with weight loss, and we believe it will enable us to effectively connect with our entire target market, in stores and on the web," said Brian Haveson, Chief Executive Officer of Nutri/System, Inc. Nutri/System completed the acquisition of the Sweet Success® product line on August 25, 2000. The product line, which is sold only through retail outlets and includes a ready to drink weight loss shake, powdered mix and snack bars, generated about $40 million in sales in 1999. Nutri/System will continue to promote Sweet Success as an effective meal replacement for weight loss.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action