RUSSIA: Nutritek acquires 100% of NZDL
Russian baby food maker Nutritek has finalised an acquisition of the remaining shares in New Zealand Dairies Limited (NZDL).
The company has bought the outstanding 18% for NZ$16.7m (US$10.5m), an amount financed entirely through financial leverage against a pledge of the purchased shares with the rest of funding coming from NZDL funds.
Nutritek said the transaction removes the risk of imminent divestiture and enhances the integrity of NZDL and that of Nutritek as a group.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1