New Zealand: NZ Dairy Foods launches avocado and olive oil spread
New Zealand Dairy Foods has launched a new range of products under the Avezzo brand, including an avocado and olive oil spread.
NZDF claims the spread is the first in the world to combine the two oils. Chief executive Peter McClure said the group expects to ship the new spread to international markets after its New Zealand launch.
The National Business Review quoted ACNielsen research which states that the olive oil spread market currently accounts for 14.8% of the total spreads market, with sales increasing more than 11.9% year on year.
The Avezzo range also includes an olive oil spread variant. Both products carry the Heart Foundation tick.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea