NEW ZEALAND: NZ$5000 reward for the MP who introduces liability bill for GE crop companies
MPs have been offered a reward of NZ$5000 to create legislation that forces companies to pay up for any damages caused by their genetically engineered crops. Details of the reward were provided by an advertisement in Saturday's edition of The Dominion, when organic farmer and businessman Andrew Martin explained that a "Protect New Zealand Bill" was essential in standing up to exploitative multinationals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO