UK: Ocado in nationwide roll out Low Price Promise
The campaign, an extension of its existing 'Tesco Price Match' scheme, pledges to beat the price of all comparable Tesco shopping baskets, including branded goods and Waitrose own label products.
“We've matched Tesco’s prices on branded goods for many years and now with our Low Price Promise we’re going one step further by giving customers across the country a money-off voucher if we don't beat Tesco’s prices. As the name says, this is a promise to our customers. Now we won’t just match Tesco prices. We’ll beat them," Ocado co-founder Jason Gissing commented.
The move follows successful regional trials of the price comparison campaign, Ocado said.
Ocado Low Price Promise
UK's biggest online supermarket rolls out new money saving tool nationwide
(1st October 2012) ONLINE GROCER, Ocado, pledged today to beat the price of all comparable Tesco shopping baskets with the national roll-out of its Low Price Promise. The money saving initiative is an extension of Ocado's existing Tesco Price Match scheme which already matches Tesco's prices on over 7,000 of the nation's favourite grocery products.
Following successful trials of the initiative in the North West, West Country and Oxfordshire, customers across the UK can now shop online with Ocado, whilst a clever tool will monitor comparable groceries. The Low Price Promise includes thousands of favourite household brands along with Essential Waitrose and Ocado own-label products, adding them together for a cumulative total which will then be compared to an equivalent order at tesco.com. If it would have cost the customer less with Tesco, Ocado will provide a money-off voucher for the difference, plus a little bit more. It will also honour any promotions or special offers.
Jason Gissing, Ocado co-founder, comments: "We founded Ocado with one thing in mind - to create a life changing service that would transform the way we shop forever. We've succeeded by offering an unrivalled range, real value for money and fantastic customer service, all delivered straight to your door with the click of a mouse or through our innovative ‘Ocado on the Go' app. Our Low Price Promise proves that customers can enjoy the very best online supermarket experience without a premium price tag.
"We've matched Tesco's prices on branded goods for many years and now with our Low Price Promise we're going one step further by giving customers across the country a money-off voucher if we don't beat Tesco's prices. As the name says, this is a promise to our customers. Now we won't just match Tesco prices. We'll beat them."
Original source: Ocado
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019