UK: Ocado looks beyond food
Online retailer Ocado plans to expand beyond food to categories including health and beauty and apparel.
"We are looking to increase our turnover by increasing the number of products we offer and diversifying beyond food," a spokesperson for Ocado told just-food.
The retailer declined to comment on the reportedly rocky relationship between itself and Waitrose, whose foods it delivers.
According to reports, Ocado clashed with Waitrose over its move to sell food at lower prices. Waitrose recently launched its own delivery service.
Four top food analysts give just-food their predictions for the UK food retail sector in 2009....
Rachel's Organic, the UK-based dairy firm, has expanded its yoghurt range to include a limited-edition flavour....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose said today (16 January) it is to buy 13 stores from the Co-operative Group in a move that will create 4,000 jobs....
Tesco has seen its share of the UK grocery market dip again, according to the latest figures from retail analysts TNS Worldpanel....
UK online retailer Ocado posted its "strongest ever" performance over the Christmas period with a 25% increase in year-on-year sales....
UK retailer Waitrose has pledged to ramp up its promotional programme in the next few months in response to the ongoing challenging economy....
Waitrose saw a surge in sales in the week leading up to Christmas, the upmarket supermarket's parent John Lewis Partnership revealed today (2 January)....
As a tumultuous year in the food industry nears its end, just-food takes a look back at those who have thrived and suffered in 2008 - a year that carried us all to the precipice of a meltdown in the g...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti