UK: Ocado looks beyond food
Online retailer Ocado plans to expand beyond food to categories including health and beauty and apparel.
"We are looking to increase our turnover by increasing the number of products we offer and diversifying beyond food," a spokesperson for Ocado told just-food.
The retailer declined to comment on the reportedly rocky relationship between itself and Waitrose, whose foods it delivers.
According to reports, Ocado clashed with Waitrose over its move to sell food at lower prices. Waitrose recently launched its own delivery service.
Four top food analysts give just-food their predictions for the UK food retail sector in 2009....
Rachel's Organic, the UK-based dairy firm, has expanded its yoghurt range to include a limited-edition flavour....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose said today (16 January) it is to buy 13 stores from the Co-operative Group in a move that will create 4,000 jobs....
Tesco has seen its share of the UK grocery market dip again, according to the latest figures from retail analysts TNS Worldpanel....
UK online retailer Ocado posted its "strongest ever" performance over the Christmas period with a 25% increase in year-on-year sales....
UK retailer Waitrose has pledged to ramp up its promotional programme in the next few months in response to the ongoing challenging economy....
Waitrose saw a surge in sales in the week leading up to Christmas, the upmarket supermarket's parent John Lewis Partnership revealed today (2 January)....
As a tumultuous year in the food industry nears its end, just-food takes a look back at those who have thrived and suffered in 2008 - a year that carried us all to the precipice of a meltdown in the g...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action