UK: Ocado "planning warehouse openings" to boost capacity
Ocado has not revealed any more info on talks that it has decided where its third distribution centre will be
Ocado has refused to comment on reports it has drawn up a short list of potential sites to house a third and fourth giant warehouse which, it is hoped, would boost its grocery delivery capacity by 50%.
According to a report published by This is Money, the company is considering sites near Leeds and Manchester to establish one facility and is also looking to the South East to open another warehouse.
A spokesperson for the online retailer told just-food that in the past Ocado has highlighted plans for further distribution centres however "there is no guidance as to where or when that will be".
Ocado currently operates distribution centres in Dordon and Hatfield. Last year the company partnered Morrison's for an online offering. At the end of last week, the group posted a market-beating increase of 20.1% in sales for the Christmas period.
Ocado CEO Tim Steiner suggested the group's growth reflected "improvements to our proposition" as well as a growing appetite among UK consumers to shop online.
The UK online grocery sector is highly innovative and disruptive - and it provides a template to the rest of the world....
2013 was a highly significant year for Morrisons. The company finally decided to develop an online grocery retailing service in partnership with Ocado. In addition, the company has capitalised on the ...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details