GERMANY: Oetker "satisfied" with 2013, sees opportunities abroad
Oetker generates 67% of sales outside Germany
German food giant Dr Oetker has said it had a "satisfactory" 2013 amid a "subdued" trading environment but said it sees opportunities for growth, notably in overseas markets.
The privately-owned maker of products from baking mixes to pizza posted sales of EUR2.13bn for last year, up 2.3%. On an organic basis, excluding factors like foreign exchange, sales were up 3.9%.
Domestic sales grew 2.4% to EUR706m. Oetker pointed to slowing economic growth in Germany but pointed to higher frozen food sales in its home market.
Overseas, sales increased 2.2% to EUR1.4bn. Oetker said it saw sales rise 4.6% abroad if the impact of foreign exchange and M&A was excluded from the results.
The company generates over two-thirds of its revenue in overseas markets. CEO Richard Oetker said the group's strategy of making "targeted investments" to develop its business outside Germany had "paid off". He added: "We see further growth opportunities, especially abroad."
The business does not provide specific figures for profits.
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using t...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest h...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global prepared meals market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into...
The rising significance of the indulgence trend in Belgium helped bring dynamism the otherwise declining category of other dairy during 2013. New product development was scarce in the category during ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019