GERMANY: Oetker "satisfied" with 2013, sees opportunities abroad
Oetker generates 67% of sales outside Germany
German food giant Dr Oetker has said it had a "satisfactory" 2013 amid a "subdued" trading environment but said it sees opportunities for growth, notably in overseas markets.
The privately-owned maker of products from baking mixes to pizza posted sales of EUR2.13bn for last year, up 2.3%. On an organic basis, excluding factors like foreign exchange, sales were up 3.9%.
Domestic sales grew 2.4% to EUR706m. Oetker pointed to slowing economic growth in Germany but pointed to higher frozen food sales in its home market.
Overseas, sales increased 2.2% to EUR1.4bn. Oetker said it saw sales rise 4.6% abroad if the impact of foreign exchange and M&A was excluded from the results.
The company generates over two-thirds of its revenue in overseas markets. CEO Richard Oetker said the group's strategy of making "targeted investments" to develop its business outside Germany had "paid off". He added: "We see further growth opportunities, especially abroad."
The business does not provide specific figures for profits.
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using t...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest h...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global prepared meals market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019