EU: Officials and fishermen meet to discuss cod protection methods
Officials from the European Union are due to meet in Brussels today [Monday] with fishermen from countries bordering the North Sea Scotland, to discuss methods to protect the dwindling stocks of cod. Scientists have long warned that cod stocks are at their lowest ever level and near collapse, despite the tough conservation measures in place to protect their numbers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast