INDIA: Officials debate Aussie Trade Minister's request for support over trade liberalisation
Indian officials are currently mulling a request from the Australian Minister for Trade, Mark Vaile, that they support Australia in ongoing agricultural negotiations with the World Trade Organisation. In yesterday's (19 October) meeting with India's Commerce and Industry Minister, Murasoli Maran, Vaile explained that trade liberalisation, and the removal of export subsidies by developed countries, would benefit Indian farmers by providing increased opportunities to participate in the world market. Maran is concerned, however, that a launch of blanketing multilateral trade negotiations will conceal the specific concerns of developing nations, and he pointed to the necessity of finalising an agreement between the quarantine agencies of Australia and India before the entry of Indian seafood and processed food exports could be facilitated.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review