UK: OFT investigators raid Wiseman, and three other firms, suspecting abuse of monopoly
On 10 May, investigators from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) have raided Robert Wiseman Dairies , revealing that they had "reasonable grounds to suspect infringements of the [first two chapters of the] Competition Act." The two chapters came into force in March last year, prohibiting cartels, restrictive agreements and the abuse of a monopoly position.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe