UK: OFT investigators raid Wiseman, and three other firms, suspecting abuse of monopoly
On 10 May, investigators from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) have raided Robert Wiseman Dairies , revealing that they had "reasonable grounds to suspect infringements of the [first two chapters of the] Competition Act." The two chapters came into force in March last year, prohibiting cartels, restrictive agreements and the abuse of a monopoly position.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre