JAPAN: OIE slams Japan's BSE testing programme as 'useless'
The test used in Japan to identify BSE in calves is useless and unscientific, according to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Bernard Vallat, director general of the OIE, "told the visiting LDP lawmakers the organisation does not support the inclusion of young cattle in such testing regimes, and the goal of merely reassuring consumers is a political consideration," according to a report in the local
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes