JAPAN: OIE slams Japan's BSE testing programme as 'useless'
The test used in Japan to identify BSE in calves is useless and unscientific, according to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Bernard Vallat, director general of the OIE, "told the visiting LDP lawmakers the organisation does not support the inclusion of young cattle in such testing regimes, and the goal of merely reassuring consumers is a political consideration," according to a report in the local
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre