JAPAN: OIE slams Japan's BSE testing programme as 'useless'
The test used in Japan to identify BSE in calves is useless and unscientific, according to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Bernard Vallat, director general of the OIE, "told the visiting LDP lawmakers the organisation does not support the inclusion of young cattle in such testing regimes, and the goal of merely reassuring consumers is a political consideration," according to a report in the local
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action