JAPAN: OIE slams Japan's BSE testing programme as 'useless'
The test used in Japan to identify BSE in calves is useless and unscientific, according to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Bernard Vallat, director general of the OIE, "told the visiting LDP lawmakers the organisation does not support the inclusion of young cattle in such testing regimes, and the goal of merely reassuring consumers is a political consideration," according to a report in the local
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti