NEW ZEALAND: Olam secures ownership of NZFSU
Olam purchased 85.93% of the dairy group's shares in July last year
Singapore-based Olam International has succeeded in its bid to secure 100% of dairy group NZ Farming Systems Uruguay (NZS).
Olam said it made a full cash takeover offer to acquire all of the remaining ordinary shares in NZS it did not already own, for NZ$0.75 (US$0.61) per share.
Olam purchased 85.93% of the dairy group's shares in July last year. However, the shareholding fell short of the 90% stake it needed to acquire to trigger a compulsory acquisition of the remaining shares.
The current offer was despatched to NZS shareholders on 23 October and subsequently accepted, Olam said.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Pinnacle Foods closes Evol plant