SPAIN: Olive oil harvest could almost double this year
Spain's harvest of virgin olive oil is set to reach around 1.4 million tonnes for the 2003/04 season, according to the country's agriculture ministry.
If that target is achieved, it will be almost twice as much as was produced last year, reported Reuters.
The ministry also said Spain's exports of virgin olive oil could be as high as 650,000 tonnes, while the harvest of eating olives is expected to reach 580,000 tonnes.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up