AUSTRALIA: Ombudsman lambasts fastfood industry for poor treatment of young employees
Gary Collis, South Australian Employee Ombudsman, has lambasted the fastfood industry for its poor treatment of young workers, a situation that he says compares to that of chimneysweeps working for a pittance a century ago. "If you look back 100 years, when you had kids going up chimneys for a penny, we say: 'That was a century ago, look at how we've progressed'," he told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth