USA :OmegaTech Raises $22 Million in Private Financing
Funds Will Support Expansion of Research and Development of Their Bioactive Lipid Products Including DHA GOLD(R) and Gold Circle Farms(TM) Brands OmegaTech, Inc., a bioscience innovator in the research and development of nutritional ingredients and foods, announced the completion of a $22 million private placement of common stock. The placement was coordinated with Bay City Capital, a private merchant bank based in San Francisco."The new institutional investors have strongly endorsed OmegaTech's technology, products and branding strategy," said OmegaTech CFO, Rich Green. "We have a dynamic range of bioactive lipids in the R&D pipeline and intend to use the proceeds from this round to rapidly introduce new products to an increasingly health-conscious global marketplace.""The diversity of experienced investors and the size of the European investment in this round reflect an international confidence in OmegaTech's business, its significant patent estate, and developing technologies," said John D. Diekman, Ph.D., and Managing Director of Bay City Capital.OmegaTech, Inc. is a leader in the research and development of bioactive lipid nutrients for use in functional foods, infant and early childhood nutrition products, pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements and animal health products. OmegaTech patented a natural, vegetarian source of the Omega-3 fatty acid, DHA. Most modern diets lack sufficient amounts of DHA, which is an important nutrient that is vital for good health. OmegaTech markets its DHA-enriched products internationally under its DHA GOLD and Gold Circle Farms brands.Bay City Capital invests in private and public companies, participates on corporate boards and provides strategic analysis and management advisory services. Bay City Capital's North American Nutrition and Agribusiness Fund and Glide's European Food and Agribusiness Fund, an affiliated fund, are major investors in OmegaTech.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report