JAPAN: Online campaign seeks to invigorate consumers’ enthusiasm for beef
In a bid to renew consumer enthusiasm for beef after the announcement of a second case of BSE in the country, an online campaign has been launched in Japan extolling the virtues of " yakiniku " (barbecued meat). The organizers of the website revealed earlier today [Wednesday] that of the 113 yakiniku restaurants affiliated with the site, four have been forced to close due to falling sales. Those counting the costs of a 50% decline in sales may even be the lucky ones, site spokesman Pak Hyong Ju told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin