JAPAN: Online campaign seeks to invigorate consumers’ enthusiasm for beef
In a bid to renew consumer enthusiasm for beef after the announcement of a second case of BSE in the country, an online campaign has been launched in Japan extolling the virtues of " yakiniku " (barbecued meat). The organizers of the website revealed earlier today [Wednesday] that of the 113 yakiniku restaurants affiliated with the site, four have been forced to close due to falling sales. Those counting the costs of a 50% decline in sales may even be the lucky ones, site spokesman Pak Hyong Ju told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations