JAPAN: Online campaign seeks to invigorate consumers’ enthusiasm for beef
In a bid to renew consumer enthusiasm for beef after the announcement of a second case of BSE in the country, an online campaign has been launched in Japan extolling the virtues of " yakiniku " (barbecued meat). The organizers of the website revealed earlier today [Wednesday] that of the 113 yakiniku restaurants affiliated with the site, four have been forced to close due to falling sales. Those counting the costs of a 50% decline in sales may even be the lucky ones, site spokesman Pak Hyong Ju told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti