UK: Opies to launch olives in Beefeater dry gin
Speciality food maker Opies has teamed up with UK alcoholic drinks producer Thomas Lowndes & Co for its new product launch - Olives in Beefeater® London Dry Gin.
Opies, which makes a variety of olive products, said the new product contains the complementary flavours of salty, bitter green queen olives and dry Beefeater gin, infused with Juniper berries.
"The popular flavour combination of olives and gin is well-known by cocktail mixologists and party hosts. We have taken this one step further and brought it together in one product to create an indulgent olive appetiser soaked in a premium quality dry gin. The use of a branded gin like Beefeater brings added value and a more premium positioning," said Opies' managing director William Opie.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses