UK: Opportunities abound in French organic vegetables market
The French organic vegetables market is to show high growth in excess of 30 percent per annum in the coming years, providing lucrative opportunities to organic vegetable suppliers and exporters. The new strategic study by Organic Monitor forecasts market revenues to treble between 2000 and 2004 as the penetration of organic vegetables increases in the retail sector. With a relatively slow increase in domestic organic vegetable production over the same period, exporters are tipped to capitalise on the high growth. Roughly a third of market volumes were imported in 2000 and this could reach 50 percent in 2001 due to the slow increase in domestic capacity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly