EU/PAKISTAN: Opportunities outlined for EU food industry in Pakistan
The European Commission has outlined opportunities for the European Union (EU) food industry in Pakistan, in a detailed guide that focuses on its dairy, fish, and fruit and vegetable sectors.
The book notes despite being the world's fifth largest milk producer, only 3% of its annual 27 million tons of milk production are industrially processed.
"Opportunities for foreign involvement" are being created by a demand for safe and healthy products from a growing middle class, it said.
Regarding fruit and vegetables, an increasing appreciation of better packing and harvesting techniques could generate investment opportunities, it said. Cold storage facilities for fish production are also needed, the guide added.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target