NEW ZEALAND: Opposition leader calls for MP committee to oversee government's GM laws
Opposition leader Bill English has called for a special committee of MPs to oversee the Government's legislation on genetic modification. English maintains that the issue needs close attention, and was cited in The Dominion newspaper as saying: "We need ... to make sure that the new rules will permit sensible progress. Helen Clark [New Zealand Prime Minister] will be under pressure from factions of her Government to bury GM research in a mire of bureaucratic rules."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target