AUSTRALIA: Opposition leader promises to give dairy farmers direct assistance
Leader of the Australian Labour Party, Kim Beazley, has promised to help those milk producers hardest hit by the deregulation of the dairy industry. He called for a summit meeting of stakeholders to discuss the direct assistance farmers need yesterday. Too much money is being wasted, he said, referring to the A$45m spent on community projects rather than going to the farmers directly affected by operating in a market where the price of milk has generally fallen. He added to an audience of dairy farmers near Grafton, NSW, that the prime minister had consistently ignored Labour Party warnings that reform would be uneven, and as a consequence many farmers are "now bleeding as a result of the Howard Government's mishandling of milk market deregulation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review