USA: Opta Food Ingredients reports third quarter results
Opta Food Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPTS), a leading developer and manufacturer of proprietary food ingredients, ytoday reported that revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 was $5.8 million compared with $6.5 million for the comparable 2000 quarter. The net loss for the quarter amounted to $1.3 million, or $.12 per share, compared with net income of $217,000, or $.02 per share, for the same period last year. Results for the third quarter of 2001 included a one-time charge of $713,000, or $.07 per share, related to the write-off of inventory that no longer meets the company's quality specifications.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery