USA: Opta Food Ingredients reports third quarter results
Opta Food Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPTS), a leading developer and manufacturer of proprietary food ingredients, ytoday reported that revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 was $5.8 million compared with $6.5 million for the comparable 2000 quarter. The net loss for the quarter amounted to $1.3 million, or $.12 per share, compared with net income of $217,000, or $.02 per share, for the same period last year. Results for the third quarter of 2001 included a one-time charge of $713,000, or $.07 per share, related to the write-off of inventory that no longer meets the company's quality specifications.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex