USA: Opta Food Ingredients reports third quarter results
Opta Food Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPTS), a leading developer and manufacturer of proprietary food ingredients, ytoday reported that revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 was $5.8 million compared with $6.5 million for the comparable 2000 quarter. The net loss for the quarter amounted to $1.3 million, or $.12 per share, compared with net income of $217,000, or $.02 per share, for the same period last year. Results for the third quarter of 2001 included a one-time charge of $713,000, or $.07 per share, related to the write-off of inventory that no longer meets the company's quality specifications.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin