USA: OrderSmart.com gives back to the food community as Grand Patron of the California Restaurant Association's Pineapple Awards
The second annual Pineapple Awards were given by the California Restaurant Association (CRA) at the August Foodservice Expo in San Francisco. OrderSmart(TM), the integrated supply management system used by more than 50 Bay Area restaurants, was the Grand Patron of the 2000 awards. The pineapple is the international symbol of hospitality, and the Pineapple Awards were conceived to recognize participants, both students and mentors, from CRA's scholarship and ProStart programs. The awards ceremony, attended by over 200 people, honored Dustin Joseph with the Future Promise Award; Sandi Coulter with the Inspirational Leader Award; and Pete Harmon with the Mentor of the Year Award. Jon Cronander, CEO of Restaurant Efficiencies, Inc., the parent company of OrderSmart, was enthusiastic about the chance to give back to the community. "We are excited to invest in the future chefs of America and give opportunities to those who might otherwise be unable to achieve their personal goals. We think OrderSmart will change the future of the restaurant industry by giving the young people starting careers in the restaurant industry the new tools needed to properly operate a business. With the growing number of people turning toward the hospitality careers, the industry has a great future." The CRA awards grants and scholarships to young Californians who wish to pursue a post-secondary education in the foodservice and hospitality industry. Recipients are chosen on the basis of scholastic achievement, creativity, enthusiasm, and potential future after graduation. Student scholarships are awarded in amounts ranging from $500 to $1,500. More than $33,000 in scholarships were awarded to 33 graduating high school seniors and continuing post-secondary students enrolled in culinary arts programs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review