US: Organic Alliance appoints supply chain chief
Organic Alliance has appointed Christopher White as director, global supply chain development.
White will be responsible for expanding Organic Alliance's international network of organic and Fairtrade producers, contract negotiation, quality control screening, certification compliance, export/import logistics and overseeing Organic Alliance's producer development initiative.
According to Parker Booth, Organic Alliance's president and COO, White's appointment will not only help build the company's international grower alliance but also solidify its commitment to establishing a stable, year-round supply of organic and fair trade products.
"Our vision is to set up a win-win model for industry in which we not only create a dependable supply of organic products at reasonable pricing levels but we do it while improving the welfare of our growers and suppliers," said Booth.
White was most recently founder and president of Nexchange Organics, an organic commodity trading and supply development firm. Prior to that, he served as business development director at Fairtrasa International.
Sectors: Natural & organic
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti