SWITZ: Organic and fish feature in Migros green pledges
Swiss food manufacturer and retailer Migros has announced a fresh wave of commitments it says will make its operations more sustainable.
Pledges to sell only fish and seafood from sustainable sources by 2020 and to expand its range of organic products by 2015 are among ten new commitments that will form part of its Generation M programme.
Migros launched Generation M last year to highlight its efforts to make its business more sustainable.
In May, we interviewed Cornelia Diethelm, head of issue management and sustainability at Migros, to discuss the retailer's sustainability strategy. The interview formed part of our series of Sustainability Watch interviews.
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Nakd sale "attracts Burton's, Hain, Kellogg"
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Kerry launches premium cooked meat brand in UK
- Mondelez "cautiously optimistic" on China
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge