DENMARK: Organic chickens have harder lives than battery equivalents
Many of the Danish organic henhouses are breeding big animal welfare problems. Poor food, illness, lack of medicines, the extraction of feathers, cannibalism and stress are all factors that contribute to the 2000 statistic that put the death rate for organic /free range chickens at around 16%, a figure three to four times higher than that for battery hens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO