USA: Organic dairies go to court over 'unwitting support' of conventional agriculture
Californian organic dairy producer Straus Family Creamery and Horizon Organic Holding Corp, a leading brand of organic foods in the US and UK, have filed a lawsuit in the US District Court for the Northern District of California over California's Milk Stabilisation & Pooling Plans. Horizon and Straus are also seeking an injunction to prohibit the continued application of the Plans to their organic dairy operations. The complaint alleges that the Plans violate their rights to equal protection and due process, and that state-imposed pooling fees require the two companies to subsidise the conventional dairy industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target