USA: Organic Ingredients Avoids U.S. Lemon Shortage with Exclusive Agreement
Organic Ingredients Inc. announced today closure of a deal that will ease industry worries elicited by last year's U.S. lemon shortage. Demand for fresh pack lemons in the last season caused an approximate 50% decrease in organic lemon availability for juice processing. The largest supplier of organic citrus juices in the U.S., Organic Ingredients signed an exclusive three-year agreement with Gerald McDonald & Co. Ltd. of the U.K. and Agr. E.S. of Sicily, Italy. The agreement grants O.I. exclusive marketing rights to all organic lemon juice concentrate produced by Agr. E.S. for customers in all of North America, and several Pacific Rim countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations