USA: Organic Ingredients Avoids U.S. Lemon Shortage with Exclusive Agreement
Organic Ingredients Inc. announced today closure of a deal that will ease industry worries elicited by last year's U.S. lemon shortage. Demand for fresh pack lemons in the last season caused an approximate 50% decrease in organic lemon availability for juice processing. The largest supplier of organic citrus juices in the U.S., Organic Ingredients signed an exclusive three-year agreement with Gerald McDonald & Co. Ltd. of the U.K. and Agr. E.S. of Sicily, Italy. The agreement grants O.I. exclusive marketing rights to all organic lemon juice concentrate produced by Agr. E.S. for customers in all of North America, and several Pacific Rim countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target