USA: Organic Ingredients Avoids U.S. Lemon Shortage with Exclusive Agreement
Organic Ingredients Inc. announced today closure of a deal that will ease industry worries elicited by last year's U.S. lemon shortage. Demand for fresh pack lemons in the last season caused an approximate 50% decrease in organic lemon availability for juice processing. The largest supplier of organic citrus juices in the U.S., Organic Ingredients signed an exclusive three-year agreement with Gerald McDonald & Co. Ltd. of the U.K. and Agr. E.S. of Sicily, Italy. The agreement grants O.I. exclusive marketing rights to all organic lemon juice concentrate produced by Agr. E.S. for customers in all of North America, and several Pacific Rim countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations