EU: Organic potatoes under threat from ban on copper-based fungicides
The UK National Farmers' Union has warned that organic potato producers are under threat from proposed EU legislation against copper-based fungicides. NFU organic committee chairman Oliver Dowding said that: "The legislation for the removal of copper as a fungicide will cut output (of organic systems) from 60% of conventional crops to just 40%. Even with a 100% organic premium you can do the simple maths and see growers are going to be worse off."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations