US: Organic watchdog hits USDA with lawsuit
Wisconsin-based organic food watchdog the Cornucopia Institute has filed a federal lawsuit against the US Department of Agriculture over the agency's failure to provide access to public records concerning the enforcement of organic standards. This, the Institute claims, is part of an attempt to cover-up the relationship between USDA staff and corporate lobbyists who employ intensive farming practices in the production of organic milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry