US: Organic watchdog hits USDA with lawsuit
Wisconsin-based organic food watchdog the Cornucopia Institute has filed a federal lawsuit against the US Department of Agriculture over the agency's failure to provide access to public records concerning the enforcement of organic standards. This, the Institute claims, is part of an attempt to cover-up the relationship between USDA staff and corporate lobbyists who employ intensive farming practices in the production of organic milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO