US: Organic watchdog hits USDA with lawsuit
Wisconsin-based organic food watchdog the Cornucopia Institute has filed a federal lawsuit against the US Department of Agriculture over the agency's failure to provide access to public records concerning the enforcement of organic standards. This, the Institute claims, is part of an attempt to cover-up the relationship between USDA staff and corporate lobbyists who employ intensive farming practices in the production of organic milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti