AUS: Origo not in talks to buy Aus dairy UDP
Origo not eyeing dairy investment
Chinese private-equity group Origo Partners is not in talks to purchase Australian dairy group United Dairy Power, just-food understands.
Australian reports have suggested that the Beijing-based investment firm could be willing to pay around A$70m (US$61.5m) for the company, which operates two milk processing facilities in southern Australia.
Chinese investors are increasingly looking to the Australian dairy sector in order to meet growing demand for high-quality, safe dairy products. However, a source close to Origo insisted there is "no truth whatsoever" in the rumour it wants to invest in UDP.
While Origo does hold some investments in the food sector, it is understood the firm is not interested in expanding into dairy.
In August, the private-equity group filed a securities announcement revealing it would "commit to making no new investments until further notice".
"The company will concentrate on managing positions in existing portfolio companies and will consider follow on financings only where these will protect or enhance value," Origo said.
For its part, UDP is reportedly looking to unload a minority stake in the business.
Origo and UDP were not immediately available for comment.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019