NORWAY: Orkla sees Q2 underlying operations on a par with 2001
Oslo-based Orkla Group has reported that its Q2 operating profit remained fairly stable, but lower realised gains contributed, as in the Q1, to a lower profit before tax; NOK1.1bn (US$0.14bn) this quarter compared to NOK1.5bn in the same period last year. Orkla Brands and Orkla Beverages achieved growth in the Q2, while Orkla Foods posted lower profit than anticipated. The advertising market is still weak and, as expected, this had a negative effect on Orkla Media.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin