NORWAY: Orkla sees Q2 underlying operations on a par with 2001
Oslo-based Orkla Group has reported that its Q2 operating profit remained fairly stable, but lower realised gains contributed, as in the Q1, to a lower profit before tax; NOK1.1bn (US$0.14bn) this quarter compared to NOK1.5bn in the same period last year. Orkla Brands and Orkla Beverages achieved growth in the Q2, while Orkla Foods posted lower profit than anticipated. The advertising market is still weak and, as expected, this had a negative effect on Orkla Media.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target