PHILIPPINES: Osmena opposes National Food Authority privatisation despite jeopardizing loans
Senate Bill 1834 has stated unequivocally that the privatisation of the Philippines National Food Authority (NFA) should not go ahead. Senator Sergio Osmena, chair of the senate committee on agriculture and food, filed the bill to reassure farmers that governmental intervention would prove to be efficient, more transparent and necessary to ensure stable prices for agricultural commodities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre