SINGAPORE: OUE offer "not compelling but fair", says Fraser and Neave
Fraser and Neave's board of directors has branded Overseas Union Enterprise's (OUE) S$13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the group as "not compelling, but fair".
The Singapore conglomerate released a 116-page circular to shareholders today (19 December), outlining its opinion on the offer. OUE, a Singapore-based property group, submitted its bid for F&N last month, beating an offer from TCC Assets, a fund controlled by Chang beer brewer ThaiBev.
Following advice from JP Morgan, F&N's board said today: "The OUE offer price is not compelling but fair, from a financial point of view." The view mirrors that of F&N's view on the ThaiBev offer.
If OUE captures F&N, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire the Singapore firm's food and beverage business. In the circular, JP Morgan says Kirin's offer for this part of the business is "fair, from a financial point of view".
ThaiBev, which owns around 33.64% of F&N, submitted a S$8.88 per-share offer for the conglomerate in September through TCC Assets - a special purpose vehicle part-owned by ThaiBev boss Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Since then ThaiBev has extended the deadline for its offer three times, with the latest set at 2 January.
Meanwhile, the Chang brewer announced late last night that another subsidiary, Internationnal Beverage Holdings Limited, has transferred its 28.63% stake in F&N to its own wholly-owned subsidiary, Interbev Investment Limited.
Kirin Holdings has reported a significant return to net profit in its first quarter helped by the sale of its stake in Fraser and Neave earlier this year....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis