UK: "Our patience has run out" - NFU on latest spinal cord import
The NFU yesterday said its patience with Germany had run out and demanded an immediate export ban on German beef as the seventh import of meat with banned spinal cord entered the UK. NFU President Ben Gill declared: "We have well and truly reached the end of our tether. "The European Commission must ban exports of German beef now. The time for words has gone - we need action now."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action