UK: Outbreak of Classical Swine Fever Confirmed
An outbreak of classical swine fever (CSF) has been confirmed this afternoon on a single holding in Suffolk. Restriction orders have also been placed on two further holdings in Essex and Norfolk. CSF is a notifiable, highly infectious disease of pigs. The disease cannot spread to humans. The Food Standards Agency advises that classical swine fever poses no risk to consumers. All movement of pigs onto and off the infected premises has been stopped whilst tests are carried out. All pigs that have entered and left the premises in the recent past are being traced and inspected. All 3,500 pigs on the infected holding will be slaughtered. A protection zone of 3km has been placed around the infected premises in which any movement of pigs is prohibited. A wider surveillance area has also been established in which all farms holding pigs will be inspected and kept under surveillance. The cause of the outbreak is yet to be confirmed.To find out more about Swine Fever
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review