UK: Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Phage Type 5c Confirmed
As a result of ongoing monitoring of foodborne infection and disease, an unusually high number of cases of Salmonella enteritidis phage type 5c has been identified in Scotland in recent weeks.Thirty-three people have been infected so far. Of these, one has sadly died. The cases cover a number of areas: Greater Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Lothian, Shetland, Grampian, Argyll and Clyde, Borders and Forth Valley. Seven people were admitted to hospital although most have now been discharged.Because these cases have occurred across more than one area, the Food Standards Agency Scotland is coordinating a wide ranging investigation.An Outbreak Control Team has been set up to carry out the investigation. The team is made up of representatives from the Food Standards Agency Scotland, the Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health (SCIEH) and the Health Boards and Local Authorities in the areas mentioned. The Team met today and further information will be issued as it becomes available as a result of the ongoing investigation. NOTES FOR NEWS EDITORS
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review