JAPAN: Over 7,900 cows in Japan fed with MBM
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in Japan revealed on Friday that meat and bone meal (MBM) was given to 7,973 cows in 18 prefectures across the country. The Associated Press also reported that MBM, which is widely believed to be at the root of the spread of mad cow disease, has also been used on another 22 farms in the Hokkaido, Yamagata and Saga prefectures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales