JAPAN: Over 7,900 cows in Japan fed with MBM
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in Japan revealed on Friday that meat and bone meal (MBM) was given to 7,973 cows in 18 prefectures across the country. The Associated Press also reported that MBM, which is widely believed to be at the root of the spread of mad cow disease, has also been used on another 22 farms in the Hokkaido, Yamagata and Saga prefectures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods