SWITZ: Overseas deals boost Emmi 2012 sales
Acquisitions abroad boosted annual sales at Swiss dairy group Emmi in 2012, figures releases today (7 February) showed.
The company booked a 9.6% increase in revenue last year to CHF2.98bn. However, on an organic basis, which excludes M&A and the impact of foreign exchange, sales fell 1.3%.
Takeovers accounted for over 10 percentage points of Emmi's increase in sales - and the impact was greater outside Switzerland. M&A boosted Emmi's international revenue by 35 percentage points.
Last year, Emmi increases its stakes in Spanish dairy Kaiku and France's Diprola. It also took a 24% stake in German organic dairy Gläserne Molkerei.
Emmi, which will publish its 2012 profits and outlook for 2013 in March, said its business outside Switzerland "exceeded expectations". It also insisted its organic sales were "in line with our forecasts" in a "continued challenging environment".
Emmi is the biggest milk producer in Switzerland and one of the most innovative producers of premium dairy in Europe. The company focuses on offering high-quality products to its consumers in Switzerl...
Dairy in Switzerland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descrip...
An important law in competition regulation came into full force in July 2010, known as the Cassis de Dijon Principle, which simplified the introduction and commercialisation of products manufactured i...
Negotiations between Switzerland and the European Union with regard to an agricultural free trade agreement and the abolishment of milk quotas, which has led to over production and lower prices, are h...
Poor performance continues to plague ice cream in 2012, with stronger retail volume decline seen compared to 2012. The relatively mild summer weather led to weak demand. Retail value sales nonetheless...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report