US: Own-label firm Ralcorp has mixed Q3
US private-label group Ralcorp Holdings posted mixed results for its fiscal third quarter, with sales and net income up but earnings per share down on costs linked to last year's Post cereals acquisition.
Ralcorp, which makes a range of own-label snacks, sauces and spreads, booked earnings per share of US$1.31 for the three months to 30 June - against $1.73 a year earlier.
However, net earnings climbed 63% to $74.8m as net sales jumped 51% thanks to the acquisitions of Post and Harvest Manor Farms and success in pushing through price increases.
Excluding the effect of those two acquisitions, Ralcorp admitted sales volumes were "mixed". Cereals volumes were up 4%, while the group's sauces and spreads division saw volumes rise 1%. Frozen bakery volumes, however, fell 11%. Snacks volumes were down 3%.
Morrisons today (21 January) warned that trading would be "tough" in 2010 despite UK consumers splashing out over Christmas....
US private-label manufacturer Ralcorp Holdings has posted a 2% rise in quarterly profits after gains from recent acquisition Harvest Manor Farms....
Regional US retailer Spartan Stores has booked a fall in quarterly earnings as the Michigan-based company suffers from a state seeing the highest unemployment in the country....
Swedish retailer Axfood has announced the appointment of Ola Andersson as president of its Hemköp retail banner....
US canned fruit and vegetable manufacturer Seneca Foods has posted a jump in third-quarter earnings despite a drop in sales....
Hain Celestial, the US-based food group, has ended production at site in London and switched manufacturing to its facility in Luton....
TreeHouse Foods will begin directly distributing its private label non-dairy creamer to Canadian retailers....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target