NEW ZEALAND: Oz a top priority for Fonterra
New Zealand's dairy behemoth Fonterra Co-operative Group made it clear yesterday [Thursday] that it considers Australia to form an important part of its "home market". CEO Craig Norgate told more than 300 dairy farmers at the Massey University annual dairy conference in Palmerston North that Fonterra recognises the need for a strong domestic market, something Fonterra's predecessor, the New Zealand Dairy Board (NZDB), failed to do.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea