AUSTRALIA/EU: Oz files WTO challenge over EU sugar subsidies
The Australian government today [Friday] lodged a formal challenge with the World Trade Organisation over sugar subsidies paid in the European Union. Trade Minister Mark Vaile said he was requesting dispute consultations, the initial step in the formal WTO dispute process, which would "allow Australia to question the EU over its sugar subsidy programme".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth