AUSTRALIA: Oz selling non-GM tearfree onion
Australian food producers have responded to reports of a new genetically modified onion that does not produce tears by saying that they already make such an onion - and it is not genetically modified. The Aussie Mild 'no more tears' Onion is currently in season. The season lasts from September to April. The onion is grown throughout Australia with harvesting beginning in the Top End and finishing in South Australia. Production is coordinated throughout Australia by growers to ensure long-term supply.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO