AUSTRALIA: Oz selling non-GM tearfree onion
Australian food producers have responded to reports of a new genetically modified onion that does not produce tears by saying that they already make such an onion - and it is not genetically modified. The Aussie Mild 'no more tears' Onion is currently in season. The season lasts from September to April. The onion is grown throughout Australia with harvesting beginning in the Top End and finishing in South Australia. Production is coordinated throughout Australia by growers to ensure long-term supply.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund