US: Pacific Natural Foods extends product range
Pacific Natural Foods has extended its soup range and added to its non-dairy beverage line.
The US organic food manufacturer said yesterday (10 March) that it is launching a line of soup starters and bases. The range will include Vietnamese-style Beef Pho, Chicken Pho and Southwest Tortilla.
Vice president of sales and marketing Tim Ramsey said the company is launching the range because, while "people don't have eight hours to make a traditional Pho base, they still want to enjoy the complex flavours of labour-intensive soups at home."
The company is also extending its line of carton soups with five new flavours. The products will use organic chicken meat raised without added hormones. The flavours include: Organic Santa Fe Style Chicken, Organic Chicken Noodle, Organic Chicken & Wild Rice, Organic Chicken Spinach Pasta, and Organic Minestrone with Chicken Meatballs. The range has a SRP of US$3.49-3.69.
Pacific Natural Foods also plans to expand its non-dairy beverage line with the launch of 7 Grain. 7 Grain will be sold in Original and Vanilla flavours and contains oats, brown rice triticale, wheat, barley, spelt and millet. The company said it is a "naturally sweetened source of calcium and B vitamins and features 500mg Omega 3 ALA from Flax oil".
The products will be available from the summer.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units