USA: Panera Bread Company reiterates confidence in third quarter and full year earnings per share targets
Panera Bread Company (Nasdaq: PNRA) chairman and chief executive officer Ron Shaich yesterday noted, "`In recent days there has been much concern among investors about the ability of companies in our industry to meet previously defined earnings targets. Based on our continued strong opening volumes and operating performance, we are today reiterating our confidence in Panera Bread Company's ability to meet our earnings per share target of $0.19 in the third quarter and $0.86 for the full year, which represents a 65% increase over 2000. We would further add that, based on what we know at this point in time, we do not foresee any material impact on our business plan nor the ability to meet our longer-term earnings targets as a result of the attacks on September 11th and their impact on the economy. We therefore continue to maintain a 2002 earnings per share target of $1.16, which represents a 35% increase over our 2001 target."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report