USA: Panera Bread Company reiterates confidence in third quarter and full year earnings per share targets
Panera Bread Company (Nasdaq: PNRA) chairman and chief executive officer Ron Shaich yesterday noted, "`In recent days there has been much concern among investors about the ability of companies in our industry to meet previously defined earnings targets. Based on our continued strong opening volumes and operating performance, we are today reiterating our confidence in Panera Bread Company's ability to meet our earnings per share target of $0.19 in the third quarter and $0.86 for the full year, which represents a 65% increase over 2000. We would further add that, based on what we know at this point in time, we do not foresee any material impact on our business plan nor the ability to meet our longer-term earnings targets as a result of the attacks on September 11th and their impact on the economy. We therefore continue to maintain a 2002 earnings per share target of $1.16, which represents a 35% increase over our 2001 target."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020